E-Rate Productivity Center (EPC) Information
USAC has rolled out a new online system for all E-Rate related activities. This is the first phase of its new system, named E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) and pronounced "epic." EPC will soon become the only point of entry for all transactions with USAC. It is USAC’s customer portal for applicants, service providers, and consultants. Once it is fully operational, it will provide a host of new features and better customer service.
The first step will be for each school district and library to set up their Account Administrator to EPC. USAC has created accounts for Account Administrators in EPC based on the individual that recently certified the E-Rate program form 471. The Account Administrator was sent an invitation email with the subject line "USAC EPC Account Creation." Follow the instructions in USAC's Account Creation email. After logging in to the account as the account administrator, another employee in the organization can be designated to be the account administrator. If a school district or library you did not receive the Account Administrator creation email, call the Client Service Bureau at (888) 203-8100 for assistance. Please see below for additional guidance from USAC. If part of a consortium, please pay particular attention to item D below.
A. If you are the Authorized Person listed on an FY2015 FCC Form 471
Follow the instructions in USAC's Account Creation email (sent to you from email@example.com). After you log in to the account as the account administrator,* you can then designate another employee at your organization to be the account administrator if you wish to do so. If you did not receive the Account Creation email, call our Client Service Bureau at (888) 203-8100.
Due to the demand USAC has asked that to expedite this process please send the request via email to SLDPR@GDIT.com or via fax to 888-276-8736.
The request must be made on entity letterhead and contain the signature of the authorized person who is to be the account administrator, and it must be accompanied by a copy of your Letter of Agency (Consortiums)
The request must include:
1. Billed entity number
2. Account administrator’s name
3. Account administrator's job title
5. Phone number
6. Email address: Since the EPC user account will act as your signature, we require that the e-mail address contain the authorized person’s name; i.e. it cannot be generic such as firstname.lastname@example.org (however, USAC is relenting if there is a valid reason for this)
7. You must also include your FCC Registration Number - FRN - (only needed for independent school, school district, independent library, library system, consortium, or statewide applicants).
B. If you are the Contact Person listed on an FY2015 FCC Form 471
Ask the authorized person to set up your account. The authorized person must follow the instructions in USAC's Account Creation email (sent from email@example.com). After the authorized person logs in to the account as the account administrator, he or she can then set you up as a user.
C. If you are the Consultant listed on an FY2015 FCC Form 471
Your account administrator can grant you full, partial, or view-only rights to the information for your consulting information in the EPC. Contact your account administrator for more details.
D. If you are part of a Consortium or a Consortium LeaD
It is important that the consortium’s lead Account Administrator set up the consortium account information correctly, prior to the consortium members signing up for the consortium, to ensure correct email notifications. The greatest concerns is that school districts and libraries DO NOT add a consortium lead’s email address as an employee of their organization. This is incorrect and may cause problems for them and the consortium lead. The actual association will connect to the consortium lead’s account without them needing to add a specific email address. The specific instructions for a consortium member to “Sign up for a Consortium” are as follows:
- On your landing page, select the link to your organization
- On the left-hand menu, select Related Actions
- Select Manage Organization Relationships
- On the Manage Organization Relationships page, select Sign up for a Consortium
- On the Sign up for a Consortium page, enter search information for the entity (for example BEN, name, state, or Zip Code)
- Click Search
- Select the consortium by checking the checkbox from the Add Relationships list
- Select Submit
- Confirm by clicking Yes in the pop-up window. The account administrator for the consortium will receive a new item in their account notifying him/her that of the entity sign up.
*Consultants cannot be an account administrator for an applicant, even if they signed and certified the applicant's form. However, once a school or library account administrator has associated itself with your consulting organization, he or she can grant you rights to access the information in the school's or library's account.
Further documentation is available on USAC's website:
EPC Applicant Guide for Managing Organizations (includes instructions for Account Administrators to sign up for a consortium)
EPC Related News Briefs & Special News Briefs:
If you have any questions, you can visit the E-rate Productivity Center (EPC) page on the USAC website or call our Client Service Bureau at (888) 203-8100.